Because brushing your teeth remains one of the most important oral health care treatments you can do, it is important to make sure it is being done effectively. Not only do you need to make sure that you are brushing your teeth at least twice every day, but you also need to make sure you’re using the proper techniques, methods, utensils, and tools to effectively accomplish the task for optimum oral health. Consider the following:
– For additional help with your oral health care, always be sure to visit your dentist every 6 months for a professional cleaning.
– When brushing your teeth, always brush for at least two minutes twice daily.
– Focus on brushing your teeth at a 45-degree angle of the gums to ensure you’re adequately reaching and covering all areas of your inner mouth.
– Never brush too hard, and focus on using small strokes.
– In order to safely clean your front teeth, turn your brush vertical.
– Don’t forget to brush your tongue to help remove bacteria that may be present.
– There are many areas that your toothbrush cannot reach between teeth, so don’t forget to clean between your teeth with an interdental cleaner such as floss.
– Always be sure to use a brush that can effectively reach all areas of your mouth.
– Select a toothbrush that has soft bristles, as they are less likely to cause dental abrasion.
To learn more about toothbrushing, or to schedule an appointment with your dentist at The Dental Studio, call Dr. David S. Peterson and our entire team at our dentist office in Salt Lake City, Utah at 801-758-0985.